How and Why Hypnosis Works
- When we talk about our ‘mind’ we are speaking about two minds that have different ways of operating – we have a conscious mind which is your critical, analytical and rational mind. It allows you to make yes/no decisions and is responsible for those things you are consciously aware of.
- The other part of the mind is the subconscious mind – that part of the mind that takes care of all other things. This is the part that controls everything you do without conscious effort or thought – those things that happen automatically, without thinking, like your heart beating. Your subconscious mind records everything you have experienced in your lifetime, from the time you were in the womb to this very point in your life – all are in the databank.
- Your subconscious mind accesses that data-bank millions of times each day and uses the stored information to direct the mind how it will respond to any given stimuli. These reactions are automatic, and your conscious mind may not understand why you respond this way. It is a learned behaviour. Any habits and beliefs you may have, aren’t things you were born with. They were things you learned.
- The method that I use while you’re in hypnosis is known as the Simpson Protocol. It allows the SUPERCONSCIOUS mind, which is the part of your mind that will mediate between your conscious and sub-conscious, to access the subconscious mind and get to the root cause of the issue. Be it a physical issue, emotional issue, mental or spiritual – your mind will resolve it.
- During our sessions together, I will guide you into hypnosis, but I don’t have to teach you how to do that – your mind already spends many times each day in various states of hypnosis like daydreaming, imagining – you are in a trance state. It is a natural state. The only difference in our session is that the depth of hypnosis is much deeper. BUT HYPNOSIS IS NOT SLEEP. You will not enter a coma. YOU WILL BE AWARE OF MY VOICE THE ENTIRE SESSION. I will be talking to you and asking you to follow along. It is that easy. JUST BE OPEN TO POSSIBILITY and ALLOW yourself to follow.
- At a certain depth of hypnosis I am going to ask your superconscious mind to set up your finger signals on one hand. Your body is your subconscious mind so I’m going to ‘talk’ to that part and your finger signals will be the feedback. We will set up a YES finger and a NO finger, and I will ask a protocol of questions. That’s how I’ll communicate with your mind while you are in hypnosis. From that point on, I will be asking your mind questions and there’ll be a reply with a finger signal, and sometimes you might respond with your voice.
- All is achieved while you are in a comfortable relaxed hypnotic state. All the changes are done via your own resources within. Your mind will do the evaluation and the changes take place within. Everything is coming from YOUR MIND. It is an empowering experience which brings about accurate change according to your own mind.